This elegant and easy Apple Trifle variation will impress your guests. Great for entertaining.
- 3 packages (12-oz.) STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, defrosted according to package directions
- 1/2 cup caramel topping for ice cream
- 1 can (15.75-oz.) vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup rum, (optional)
- 1 package (10.75 oz.) pound cake, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup non-dairy whipped topping
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherries, (optional)
COMBINE escalloped apples and caramel topping in a large bowl; stir gently. Combine pudding and rum in a small bowl.
PLACE half of pound cake slices in a large glass serving bowl. Top with half of apple mixture, then half of pudding mixture; repeat layers. Spoon whipped topping over pudding; sprinkle with nuts. Garnish with cherries, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Review This Recipe
This is a fantastic dessert
I love this dessert. This has become my "signature" dessert. I make a few changes based on my own preferences (apple pie filling, angel food instead of pound cake, no cherries, etc.), but everyone I've ever served this to raves about it for days afterwards, and brags to others about how they had my "awesome dessert."
Read More Reviews