This elegant and easy Apple Trifle variation will impress your guests. Great for entertaining.
- 3 packages (12-oz.) STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, defrosted according to package directions
- 1/2 cup caramel topping for ice cream
- 1 can (15.75-oz.) vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup rum, (optional)
- 1 package (10.75 oz.) pound cake, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup non-dairy whipped topping
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherries, (optional)
COMBINE escalloped apples and caramel topping in a large bowl; stir gently. Combine pudding and rum in a small bowl.
PLACE half of pound cake slices in a large glass serving bowl. Top with half of apple mixture, then half of pudding mixture; repeat layers. Spoon whipped topping over pudding; sprinkle with nuts. Garnish with cherries, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Review This Recipe
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! A++++
I am making this for every occassion from now on! Everyone at my husband's Holiday get together wanted more! We also thought about using peaches or pineapple in the recipe to add variety. It wasn't too sweet or too tart, just right! This is our favorite recipe right now!!
Read More Reviews