Apple Upside Down Cake has a delicious warm apple topping. You can serve warm or at room temperature. Delicious and easy to make, too.
- 1 package 12 ounces STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, defrost according to package direections
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 packet 9 ounces yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
MELT butter in 9-inch-round cake pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter; spoon Harvest Apples over brown sugar.
COMBINE cake mix, eggs, milk, cinnamon and ginger; beat at medium speed for two minutes, stopping once to scrape bowl. Pour over apples.
BAKE for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto serving platter; serve warm or at room temperature.
Review This Recipe
I made the cake batter just like the directions said (not according to the box) and it turned out great! My whole family enjoyed and my kids are so picky it's annoying. The next morning they even had it for breakfast and it was still SO MOIST (and it wasn't even covered tightly enough). It also taste just as good with any fruit flavored pie filling in substitue for the apples.
Read More Reviews