Asian Flank Steak
A soy sauce, cilantro, ginger and garlic marinade gives this Asian Flank Steak a special flair, and makes a beautiful presentation. This recipe is easy to prepare and excellent for grilling or broiling.
- 2 lb. flank steak, cut in half
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT grill or broiler.
GRILL or broil over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Cut steak against the grain on the diagonal to serve.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
It is difficult to make flank steak taste bad, but the marinade in this recipe made it taste awesome! I think I will probably use the marinade for other steak in the future. I did subsitute half of the soy sauce with teriyaki sauce since I didn't have enough soy sauce. It was still fairly salty, so if you don't like salt you might want to make some changes. I will definitely make this again.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 55mg (18% of DV)
- Sodium: 250mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 3g (1% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 32g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.