This Mediterranean-inspired Baked Chicken with Oranges and Olives recipe is great to make a festive and beautiful meal.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablets
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (3 to 4 pounds total) fryer chicken, skin removed and cut into 8 pieces
- 2 oranges, peeled, thinly sliced and cut in half
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Hot, cooked rice
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Line large, deep baking pan with foil.
PLACE orange juice, wine, oil, garlic and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
PLACE onion slices on bottom of prepared pan. Place chicken pieces skin-side-up on top of onions. Pour sauce mixture over chicken (reserve 1/4 cup sauce for basting); cover with orange slices and olives.
BAKE, basting occasionally with reserved marinade, for 45 minutes or until lightly browned and fully cooked. Serve warm with cooked rice.