Simple to make Fruit Baskets feature cubes of pear and pineapple baked in bread baskets and topped with slivered almonds. A tasty treat that is ready in 30 minutes.
- 6 slices BIMBO Honey 7 Grain Bread
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium pear, cored and cut into cubes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon NESCAFÉ CLASICO Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 teaspoons NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
CUT crusts from bread. Press into muffin cups, forming baskets. Bake for 10
minutes or until toasted.
MELT butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add pear and pineapple; cook,
stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until fruit is golden brown. Add sugar and coffee
granules; cook for 2 minutes or until coffee is dissolved.
SPOON fruit into baskets and sprinkle with almonds. Drizzle each fruit basket with 1/2 teaspoon sweetened condensed
milk. Serve immediately.