Baked Polenta with Swiss Chard and Cheese
Baked Polenta with Swiss Chard and Cheese is a baked dish that is perfect for entertaining and family gatherings. Red pepper flakes and three types of cheese give this dish superb taste dimensions.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable or Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes, divided
- 1 large white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound Swiss chard, thick stems and ribs removed, leaves cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups (7 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.), divided
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in large, heavy-duty skillet over medium-low heat. Crush 1 bouillon cube; add to skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper; stir in chard. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chard is tender. Uncover; stir until any excess liquid evaporates.
HEAT water and remaining bouillon cubes in large saucepan until boiling. Stir in corn meal; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes or until corn meal is tender and thick. Remove from heat.
COMBINE ricotta cheese and eggs in bowl; stir in 1 cup hot corn meal. Stir ricotta cheese mixture into corn meal in saucepan. Spread half of corn meal mixture into prepared dish. Spread half of chard mixture over top. Sprinkle with half of mozzarella cheese and half of Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers with remaining corn meal mixture, chard and cheeses.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and brown on top. Cool for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.