Baked Potato Soup
This Baked Potato Soup is a perfect complement to any meal and sure to warm you up on a cold day.
- 2 large or 3 medium baking potatoes, baked or microwaved
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) chicken broth
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Cooked and crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
VARIATION: For a different twist to this recipe, omit the bacon, cheddar cheese and green onions. Cook 2 tablespoons shredded carrot with the onion and add 1/4 teaspoon dried dill to the soup when adding the broth. Proceed as above.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Baked Potato Soup
This recipe is very rich and creamy. My family loved it and the kids asked for seconds!!!!
If I don't have everything to make soup the Kids will go to the store for me. Great Soup
I love it! I used a lot more cooked and crumbled bacon mixed into the soup before serving. This is one recipe I'll use again and again.
it's a good way to make something that everyone can customize to their own liking
I made this for Easter dinner and it was enjoyed my my whole family. It was quite easy too, and heated up leftovers are jsut as great, I recommend trying to make it first, before serving it at dinner, because it can be diffucult to juggle all of the directions.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 380
- Calories from Fat: 160
- Total Fat: 18g (28% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 12g (59% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 35mg (12% of DV)
- Sodium: 440mg (18% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 37g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.