These scrumptious Baked Pumpkin Doughnut Holes can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature. Rolled in cinnamon-sugar, they are a sweet treat that family and friends will enjoy.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or 1 3/4 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup Baker's sugar (ultrafine pure cane sugar)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 425° F. Lightly spray mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
WHISK flour, baking powder, 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon and salt in large mixer bowl until combined.
WHISK eggs, oil, brown sugar and pumpkin in medium mixing bowl until well combined. Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture; stir until just combined. Fill each mini muffin cup with about 1 rounded tablespoon batter, or until about ½ full.
BAKE for 9 to 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (tops should be golden brown). Cool in pan on wire rack until cool enough to handle.
COMBINE Baker’s sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
BRUSH or dip tops (or all sides) of doughnut holes in melted butter to lightly coat; roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. There will be about ½ cup left which can be discarded. (For less fat and calories, skip the butter and just roll in cinnamon-sugar.)
ENJOY warm or at room temperature!