A sophisticated weeknight dinner, these flavorful salmon fillets are coated in a delicious juice-based marinade and then baked to perfection. Drizzle remaining marinade over salmon and serve over fluffy apple-ginger quinoa.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons peeled, grated fresh ginger, divided
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 (about 6 ounces each) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots or onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup ivory quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- Ground black pepper
- Sliced green onions (optional)
WHISK 2 tablespoons Juicy Juice, soy sauce, honey, 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, vinegar and sesame oil. Reserve half of mixture for serving. Pour remaining mixture into shallow pie plate. Add salmon and turn to coat. Cover; marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
PREHEAT oven to 450° F. Line baking sheet with foil.
HEAT olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in quinoa; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in water, remaining 1 cup Juicy Juice, bouillon and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork; cover to keep warm.
PLACE salmon on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with pepper. Discard marinade. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drizzle reserved marinade over salmon; serve with apple-ginger quinoa.
Review This Recipe
This was excellent. The salmon was moist and flavorful. I didn't use quinoa, I used rice. I will definitely make this again!
Read More Reviews