Baked Salmon over Apple-Ginger Quinoa
A sophisticated weeknight dinner, these flavorful salmon fillets are coated in a delicious juice-based marinade and then baked to perfection. Drizzle remaining marinade over salmon and serve over fluffy apple-ginger quinoa.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons peeled, grated fresh ginger, divided
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 (about 6 ounces each) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots or onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup ivory quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- Ground black pepper
- Sliced green onions (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT oven to 450° F. Line baking sheet with foil.
HEAT olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in quinoa; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in water, remaining 1 cup Juicy Juice, bouillon and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork; cover to keep warm.
PLACE salmon on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with pepper. Discard marinade. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drizzle reserved marinade over salmon; serve with apple-ginger quinoa.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This was excellent. The salmon was moist and flavorful. I didn't use quinoa, I used rice. I will definitely make this again!
baked salmon over apple ginger quinoa
I loved this! I am a fish eater,grew up that way, (being norwegian and native indian) I love fish!! my family however does not share my love of the sea, but they were digging in on this, I even got requests for seconds you have no idea what a miracle that was. SO THANK YOU! I'm grateful.
Pretty easy, though instructions are a little confusing
Cut the baking time of the salmon(depending on the thickness)too flaky,too dry
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 510
- Calories from Fat: 160
- Total Fat: 17g (27% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 95mg (31% of DV)
- Sodium: 990mg (41% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 46g (15% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (11% of DV)
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 41g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 30% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.