Baked Ziti With Italian Sausage
Chunky marinara sauce, Italian sausage and mushrooms team up with ziti pasta in this flavorful baked dish. Fennel seeds add a unique Italian flair. This one is perfect for entertaining.
- 8 ounces dry ziti pasta
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces mild Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 2 containers (15 ounces each) BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce (15 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons BUITONI® Freshly Shredded Parmesan or Romano Cheese
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions.
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Drain. Add mushrooms and fennel; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender. Add sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Remove from heat.
ADD pasta to sauce mixture; toss well to coat. Spoon into prepared baking dish; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
BAKE for 15 to 17 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
FOR FREEZE AHEAD:
PREPARE as above; do not bake. Cover; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
PREHEAT oven to 400° F.
BAKE for 25 to 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
A true pleaser
I made this for my fiance for his birthday and served it with breadsticks. Not only did he love it, but his family loved it too. It is also extremely easy to make. Will make again!
Yum! Even my super picky husband went back for seconds.
It was pretty easy to throw together and not all that time consuming. It also tasted really good.
This recipe was easy to make and everyone in my family really enjoyed it. I will definitely make this one again.
My family absolutely loved this pasta!! It is sooooo good.The mushrooms and sausage........mmmm..u cant beat that combination. This is a keeper. Thanks
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 370
- Calories from Fat: 130
- Total Fat: 14g (22% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (21% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 50mg (16% of DV)
- Sodium: 1140mg (47% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 41g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (15% of DV)
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 21g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.