Featuring fresh strawberries (with a hint of brown sugar), drizzled in a flavorful balsamic sauce and topped with a lightly whipped mascarpone, this sophisticated treat is sure to please.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Half of an 8-ounce container mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons Italian Sweet Crème Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 4 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Grated or shredded fresh lemon peel for garnish
COMBINE vinegar and granulated sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook gently until reduced by half. Pour into small bowl and cool to room temperature.
PLACE mascarpone cheese and Coffee-mate in small mixer bowl; beat until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
COMBINE strawberries and brown sugar in large bowl; toss gently. Let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper; toss gently to coat. Spoon about 1/2 cup strawberries into individual bowls; drizzle with balsamic syrup. Top with large dollop of mascarpone mixture. Sprinkle with lemon peel.
Cook's Tip: Try substituting any flavor of liquid Coffee-Mate.
Review This Recipe
....and is so good..!!!
I think either white or the red balsamic works, a differance of taste.
As for the sugar I think it helps, if you want the little kick, especially with the fresh cracked black pepper..!!
Try this it will please..!!
Read More Reviews