Featuring fresh strawberries (with a hint of brown sugar), drizzled in a flavorful balsamic sauce and topped with a lightly whipped mascarpone, this sophisticated treat is sure to please.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Half of an 8-ounce container mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons Italian Sweet Crème Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 4 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Grated or shredded fresh lemon peel for garnish
COMBINE vinegar and granulated sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook gently until reduced by half. Pour into small bowl and cool to room temperature.
PLACE mascarpone cheese and Coffee-mate in small mixer bowl; beat until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
COMBINE strawberries and brown sugar in large bowl; toss gently. Let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper; toss gently to coat. Spoon about 1/2 cup strawberries into individual bowls; drizzle with balsamic syrup. Top with large dollop of mascarpone mixture. Sprinkle with lemon peel.
Cook's Tip: Try substituting any flavor of liquid Coffee-Mate.
Review This Recipe
Good recipe, but there's no reason to sweeten the balsamic before reducing--the act of reducing makes it quite sweet enough. Also no need to add brown sugar to strawberries if they're ripe already, but if they're not quite sweet, the balsamic will help them out. White balsamic vinegar is even nicer.
Read More Reviews