This delectable recipe combines bananas with the caramel taste of dulce de leche in an easy-to-eat cheescake bar.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large, very ripe [black] bananas)
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
COMBINE cookie crumbs and butter in medium bowl; press onto bottom of prepared baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
BEAT cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, ¼ cup dulce de leche, cornstarch and salt in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in bananas until combined. Pour over crust; gently smooth top.
BAKE for 35 to 45 minutes or until filling is set. Cool to room temperature; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
MICROWAVE remaining ¼ cup dulce de leche and skim milk for 30 seconds in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Drizzle over cooled cheesecake. Cut into bars.