A creamy pudding with a banana twist. This dessert not only looks appealing in the glass bowl, but your guests will be pleasantly surprised from the first bite to the last.
- 60 to 70 vanilla wafers*
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 ripe but firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in evaporated milk to dissolve cornstarch. Whisk in eggs. Add butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken. Reduce heat to low; bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract. Let cool slightly.
POUR half of pudding over wafers. Top with half of bananas. Layer remaining vanilla wafers over bananas. Combine remaining pudding and bananas; spoon over wafers. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Top with whipped topping.
* A 12-oz. box of vanilla wafers contains about 88 wafers.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Easy to make an yummmmmy!
I love Banana Pudding and loved this recipe. However, I am not a banana fan so I did what my mother does which is puree the banana and add them to the custard during the last few minutes of cooking. Then she just does layers of custard and cookies and it is SOOOOOOOOOO Good.
I don't like to bake or cook with bananas, but when my friend made this recipe, I had to have it! It is now one of my favorites and she makes it when i come visiting!
MOM MAKES THIS ONCE A MONTH FOR SUNDAY DINNER WHEN WE ALL COME OVER.
My son loves banana pudding and went wild over this recipe. He would eat it everyday. It was wonderful and comforting.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 640
- Calories from Fat: 220
- Total Fat: 25g (38% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 15g (76% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 100mg (34% of DV)
- Sodium: 430mg (18% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 94g (31% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 72g
- Protein: 11g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 10% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.