This recipe for Bananas Foster is a salute to the original recipe created in New Orleans. Even without the tableside flambé preparation, the flavors combine beautifully for an impressive dessert that is to be enjoyed with friends and family.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 bananas, slightly under-ripe, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 small scoops DREYER'S or EDY'S GRAND Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/3 cup high quality pure apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum
- 4 tablespoons toasted almond slices (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE bananas in skillet, flat side up; cook for 1 minute, carefully spooning sauce over bananas as they are cooking. Gently turn bananas; cook for 1 minute more, continuing to spoon sauce over. Bananas should be slightly browned and caramelized and beginning to soften.
TRANSFER two banana halves per serving onto 4 plates or shallow bowls. Place 2 small scoops of ice cream on banana halves.
ADD apricot preserves and rum to skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a gentle boil; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes or until alcohol is cooked away and sauce is the consistency of a glaze. Spoon about 1 tablespoon over the bananas on each serving. Garnish each with 1 tablespoon almonds.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 540
- Calories from Fat: 170
- Total Fat: 19g (29% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 11g (57% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 55mg (18% of DV)
- Sodium: 130mg (5% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 87g (29% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 70g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 15% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.