Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
These tasty Barbecued Beef Sandwiches are slow cooked with apple sauce and Worcestershire sauce creating great flavors. This is a perfect solution for a fun family meal or entertaining. Get the hard work done ahead of time. Garnish with thinly sliced red onions for a colorful and crunchy finale.
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pounds) fresh beef brisket, fat trimmed
- 1 can (10 ounces) chopped tomatoes with green chile peppers, undrained
- 1 container (8 ounces) applesauce
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 to 12 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Sliced red onion (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
TRANSFER meat to cutting board, reserving juices. Cover meat and keep warm. Pour reserved juices into a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 20 minutes or until desired consistency. Thinly slice meat across grain.
PLACE meat over bottom of rolls; top with onion. Drizzle with juices. Top with tops of rolls.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/10 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 383
- Calories from Fat: 83
- Total Fat: 9g (14% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (12% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 69mg (23% of DV)
- Sodium: 771mg (32% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 43g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 30g
- Vitamin A: 3% of DV
- Vitamin C: 7% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 26% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.