The wonderful flavors in this Bean and Sausage Cassoulet will make it a favorite and it's ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) thinly sliced smoked turkey sausage
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
COOK sausage in large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned. Add beans, tomatoes and juice, water, bouillon and thyme; stir to break up tomatoes. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
Review This Recipe
Super quick dinner dish
This dish was excellent. It is very quick and tasty. I didn't bother to brown the sausages as I was short of time, just threw everything in and left it to simmer for 40 minutes. I used pork and venison sausages ( I think you could use any kind) and my only complaint was that it needed thickening at the end. My husband put hot sauce in his as he likes everything spicy. I served it with potatoes and will definitely make it again.
Read More Reviews