Snowballs in August? Why not! These "Beat the Heat" Summer Snowballs frozen treats are a tasty way to beat the summer heat. From malt balls to s'mores to chopped cookies, these refreshing ice cream snowballs will be a big hit for kids and adults alike.
- FOR S'MORE SNOWBALLS:
- 1 graham cracker rectangle, crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows, cut in quarters
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 cup Chocolate DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream
- FOR MALT BALL SNOWBALLS:
- 1/2 cup chopped malted milk balls
- 1 cup Vanilla DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream
- FOR LEMON-COCONUT SNOWBALLS:
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup Zesty Lemon HÄAGEN-DAZS Fat Free Sorbet
- FOR RASPBERRY-CHOCOLATE SNOWBALLS:
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate cookies
- 1 cup Raspberry HÄAGEN-DAZS Fat Free Sorbet
PLACE coating(s) for each snowball variety on its own sheet of wax paper or shallow plate. Line baking sheet with foil; place in freezer.
ROLL a scoop (1/4 cup total) of ice cream or sorbet in coating and pat coating in if needed. Arrange on prepared baking sheet in freezer. It's best to work with one snowball at a time. Store frozen snowballs in airtight container in freezer for up to 1 week.