Beef and Tomato Stew
MAGGI Hearty Beef Stew is a perfect solution for a winter potluck.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook beef, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Stir in water, bouillon, tomato sauce, onion, garlic and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; cover. Cook for 60 minutes or until beef is tender. Remove bay leaf.
STIR in carrots, potatoes and celery. Cover; cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
It was ok
This was my first time making a beef stew. It was ok, after some altering. The tomatoes were too over powering, but other wise it was descent. The next time I make the stew I will use less tomatoes and beef broth instead of the bouillon cubes. The stew was also very bland.
This has easily become our favorite recipe. I make a batch for 12 and we eat it for days. Although I never thought it possible, this really is better the next day. I have a toddler and she just loves it, as picky as she is. My husband is even more picky and he would eat this every day if I made it available. The only change I made was that I added more garlic because we just love it, but it is of course fine without the extra. Inexpensive to make and just absolutely delicious! Thanks so much!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 540
- Calories from Fat: 200
- Total Fat: 22g (34% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (35% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 155mg (51% of DV)
- Sodium: 670mg (28% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 34g (11% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 5g (21% of DV)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 52g
- Vitamin A: 150% of DV
- Vitamin C: 45% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 40% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.