Beef or Chicken Fajitas are delicious and make a festive meal anytime. Serve with tortillas, top with sour cream, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small red or green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound extra-lean beef sirloin or boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 4 (6-inch) fajita-size reduced-fat flour tortillas, warmed
- Light sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges (optional)
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is slightly golden and peppers are tender.
STIR in beef or chicken, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in salsa; heat through.
SERVE in tortillas; top with sour cream, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Review This Recipe
Made these for lunch yesterday when my daughter came over. she liked them so much she asked for the recipe so that she can make them for her husband that night.She phoned and said "he really liked them" He is a vegetarian, so she said she will also try it with ground turkey another time
Read More Reviews