Beef or Chicken Fajitas are delicious and make a festive meal anytime. Serve with tortillas, top with sour cream, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small red or green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound extra-lean beef sirloin or boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 4 (6-inch) fajita-size reduced-fat flour tortillas, warmed
- Light sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges (optional)
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is slightly golden and peppers are tender.
STIR in beef or chicken, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in salsa; heat through.
SERVE in tortillas; top with sour cream, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Review This Recipe
I tripled this recipe to feed 12 people. I'm not very kitchen-savvy, but it came out wonderful... SO much better than those boxed fajita kits! EVERYONE loved it, even our hispanic relatives were impressed! Oh, and there were yummy leftovers for 2 days!
Read More Reviews