Beef Kabobs with Papaya Seed Green Tea Sauce are an unforgettable dish and everyone will be asking for this recipe! Rich Asian flavors and sweet chili sauce pair up with sweet papaya chunks and marinated beef cubes. Grilling these skewers deepens the flavors and creates outstanding plate appeal everyone will remember.
Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
- 1/4 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 2 tablespoons matcha (green tea powder) or loose tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon papaya seeds
- 1 lb. beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 large firm Mexican papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium white onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 (10-inch) skewers
- Hot noodles or rice
COMBINE sweet chili sauce, seasoning sauce, matcha, vinegar, sugar and papaya seeds in medium bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
PREHEAT grill. Oil grill rack.
ALTERNATELY thread beef, papaya and onion onto skewers.
GRILL kabobs over medium-low heat, turning once, for 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink and onions are tender and lightly browned. Serve with noodles or rice.
NOTE: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before threading.
Review This Recipe
Excellent weekday meal
I made the recipe as stated except I substituted soy sauce for the Maggi sauce. The marinade was very flavorful and this was an easy meal to make during the week. My husband raved about it.