Beef or Chicken Fajitas
Beef or Chicken Fajitas are delicious and make a festive meal anytime. Serve with tortillas, top with sour cream, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small red or green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound extra-lean beef sirloin or boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 4 (6-inch) fajita-size reduced-fat flour tortillas, warmed
- Light sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in beef or chicken, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in salsa; heat through.
SERVE in tortillas; top with sour cream, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
My 15-year-old son has made this twice and we all love it! No more fajita kits for us; the taste is excellent and the directions super easy. This has become a family favorite.
Easy and Yummy!
My 15 year old son made this recipe tonight and it was a huge hit! We followed the recipe exactly as written and the fajitas were colorful, flavorful, and just plain delicious. We will definitely use this recipe again.
I tripled this recipe to feed 12 people. I'm not very kitchen-savvy, but it came out wonderful... SO much better than those boxed fajita kits! EVERYONE loved it, even our hispanic relatives were impressed! Oh, and there were yummy leftovers for 2 days!
I made this recipe for a youth dinner at church and I thought there would be some left but they ate every one of them and wanted more. so this recipe is a keeper.
These fajitas are the best I have ever ate. I just followed the recipe exactly and they turned out great!!! The recipe was very easy to make and easy to follow.! a highly recomended dish!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 256
- Calories from Fat: 71
- Total Fat: 8g (12% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (9% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 69mg (23% of DV)
- Sodium: 505mg (21% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 23g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 6g (25% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 28g
- Vitamin A: 34% of DV
- Vitamin C: 145% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.