Beef Strips in Tangy Dijon Sauce
This quick and easy-to-prepare Beef Strips in Tangy Dijon Sauce recipe is great with a side dish casserole or served over rice or noodles.
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups (6 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Hot cooked rice or noodles (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT remaining oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle remaining flour over vegetables; cook for 1 minute. Stir in water and bouillon; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in beef.
REMOVE from heat; stir in sour cream, mustard, parsley and pepper. Serve over rice or noodles.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
My13 year old bragged to his grandma!!
Loved this recipe! I marinated meat in beer, dale's sauce, meat tenderizer & salt/pepper for 3 to 4 hours. I rinsed the meat before starting recipe. Thought i had dijon mustard, but had to substitute honey mustard with wine vinegar. (worked well) Next time i will serve on egg noodles.
I won't make this again
My 5-year old and I both thought this wasn't very good. I tried reheating it the next day and wasn't any better. I definitely won't make this again.
Very tasty. I substituted 1/2 cup of water with white wine. It tasted great. The appearance was not so good but...it's the taste that counts. I will make this again.
This was a nice recipe. Different! The mustard gave this recipe a nice flare...The next time I make this I will use 1 tablespoon of mustard. I was a little nervous about adding all the ingredients together because there are things in the receipe I would never mix together...but this was good! I will definitely make this again.
I recently tried this recipe and found it to be a very flavorful dish. I made cheddar/garlic biscuts with it, complemented it very well.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 470
- Calories from Fat: 310
- Total Fat: 34g (52% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 12g (59% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 100mg (33% of DV)
- Sodium: 1070mg (45% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 15g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 26g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.