This quick and easy-to-prepare Beef Strips in Tangy Dijon Sauce recipe is great with a side dish casserole or served over rice or noodles.
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups (6 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Hot cooked rice or noodles (optional)
COMBINE 3 tablespoons flour and salt in plastic bag. Add beef; shake to coat with flour. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
HEAT remaining oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle remaining flour over vegetables; cook for 1 minute. Stir in water and bouillon; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in beef.
REMOVE from heat; stir in sour cream, mustard, parsley and pepper. Serve over rice or noodles.
Review This Recipe
This was a nice recipe. Different! The mustard gave this recipe a nice flare...The next time I make this I will use 1 tablespoon of mustard. I was a little nervous about adding all the ingredients together because there are things in the receipe I would never mix together...but this was good! I will definitely make this again.
Read More Reviews