This Beef Stroganoff will easily become one of your family's favorites. This one takes less than an hour to prepare. Serve over noodles and garnish with chopped fresh dill.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin tips or boneless skirt steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots or red onion
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes, dissolved in 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces dry wide egg noodles, prepared according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (optional)
PAT beef dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper.
HEAT oil in large skillet over high heat. Working in batches, add beef in a single layer and cook until no longer pink. Transfer to bowl. Repeat with remaining beef.
MELT butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or just until golden. Stir in mushrooms and garlic; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
STIR in bouillon mixture and cognac. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until liquid is almost reduced by half. Stir in sour cream, mustard and beef; heat through. Serve over noodles; garnish with dill.