This Beef Stroganoff will easily become one of your family's favorites. This one takes less than an hour to prepare. Serve over noodles and garnish with chopped fresh dill.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin tips or boneless skirt steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots or red onion
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes, dissolved in 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces dry wide egg noodles, prepared according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in large skillet over high heat. Working in batches, add beef in a single layer and cook until no longer pink. Transfer to bowl. Repeat with remaining beef.
MELT butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or just until golden. Stir in mushrooms and garlic; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
STIR in bouillon mixture and cognac. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until liquid is almost reduced by half. Stir in sour cream, mustard and beef; heat through. Serve over noodles; garnish with dill.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.