Hearty and versatile Beef Stroganoff is perfect as comfort food or a classic main course. Serve over rice, potatoes, noodles or other types of pastas and garnish with thinly sliced green onions to add eye-appeal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef tenderloin tips or boneless sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 2 cups (about 8 oz.) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 cups rice or wide egg noodles, cooked and kept hot
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
HEAToil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
ADD mushrooms and onion to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour and pepper. Gradually add water and bouillon; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet and heat through; stir in sour cream.
SERVE over rice or noodles; garnish with green onion.
Review This Recipe
Kudos to Cynthia
I followed Cynthia from AZ suggestions and the dish was superb! Thanks for the great ideas...my family loved it!
Read More Reviews