Hearty and versatile Beef Stroganoff is perfect as comfort food or a classic main course. Serve over rice, potatoes, noodles or other types of pastas and garnish with thinly sliced green onions to add eye-appeal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef tenderloin tips or boneless sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 2 cups (about 8 oz.) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 cups rice or wide egg noodles, cooked and kept hot
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
HEAToil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
ADD mushrooms and onion to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour and pepper. Gradually add water and bouillon; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet and heat through; stir in sour cream.
SERVE over rice or noodles; garnish with green onion.
Review This Recipe
Not all that great
This recipe was ok, the beef had no taste to it and the sauce wasn't flavorful enough to give it any taste. I would recommend seasoning the meat with something that would probably make a big difference. Don't think I'd make this again
Read More Reviews