A colorful presentation of beef strips and vegetables makes this Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry an easy, quick and attractive meal for the family.
- 1 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean beef sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup (about 3) 1-inch slices green onions
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
DISSOLVE bouillon in 1/4 cup water in small bowl. Stir in soy sauce, wine, cornstarch, ginger and pepper.
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
HEAT 2 tablespoons water in same skillet. Add vegetables; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return beef to skillet; stir in bouillon mixture and green onions. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice.
Review This Recipe
Quick, Easy, Good
This was as good as getting take out from a chinese restaurant. Definately would make again. I used more fresh veggies and they worked excellent. The sauce is a great base for variations. My kid loves veggies, such as broccoli, onions, mushrooms, as it is, so this is definately kid friendly.
Read More Reviews