Beer-Basted Asian Chicken
Beer-Basted Asian Chicken is extra tender after marinating in beer and lime juice.
- 4 lb. whole chicken
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) beer
- 1/2 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Place chicken and marinade in 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BAKE, basting occasionally, for 1 hour 20 minutes or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced. Transfer chicken to platter.
STRAIN pan juices into medium saucepan; spoon off fat and discard if necessary. Boil for 6 to 8 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 1 cup. Serve sauce with chicken.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Fell off the bone
My Family loved this. My 4 year old daughter kept going back for more! This recipe is a keeper. I did cook it in the slow cooker on low for 7 hours and it came out amazing.
The chicken had great flavor and very tender. The family asked for me to make it again.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 740
- Calories from Fat: 420
- Total Fat: 47g (73% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 13g (66% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 270mg (91% of DV)
- Sodium: 1550mg (65% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 15g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 56g
- Vitamin A: 50% of DV
- Vitamin C: 20% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 25% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.