Big Dipper Oatmeal Cookies are a fun treat for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, or raisins (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt In medium bowl; mix well. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and, if desired, raisins or morsels; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
MELT morsels according to package directions. Dip half of one cookie in chocolate; gently shake to remove excess. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Place on waxed paper until set. Repeat with remaining cookies. If chocolate thickens, microwave at 15-second intervals until fluid. Store cookies with waxed paper between layers in tightly covered container.
Review This Recipe
I made these for work,everyone loved them.
Read More Reviews