Big Dipper Oatmeal Cookies are a fun treat for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, or raisins (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt In medium bowl; mix well. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and, if desired, raisins or morsels; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
MELT morsels according to package directions. Dip half of one cookie in chocolate; gently shake to remove excess. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Place on waxed paper until set. Repeat with remaining cookies. If chocolate thickens, microwave at 15-second intervals until fluid. Store cookies with waxed paper between layers in tightly covered container.
Review This Recipe
Not only were these cookies easy to make, but they were sooooooo good...especially if you're a chocolate lover! And they taste great after being refrigerated.
Read More Reviews