Perfectly seasoned Black Pepper Beef is ready in less than 30 minutes. Red bell peppers add a touch of color. Serve this with rice for casual entertaining or a special family meal.
- 1/2 lb. boneless skirt or flank steak, cut into 3-inch strips
- 3 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons cooking sherry or rice wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium white onion, cut into strips
- Steamed white or brown rice
COMBINE beef, 1 teaspoon seasoning sauce, cooking sherry and garlic powder in medium bowl.
COMBINE water, cornstarch, ketchup, remaining 2 teaspoons seasoning sauce, black pepper and sesame oil in small bowl.
HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Stir in bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion starts to turn transparent. Stir in cornstarch mixture; heat to boiling. Boil for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened.
SERVE with rice.
Review This Recipe
Wonderful flavor kids loved it. could cut back on the black pepper. It was a little spicy for the little one. Will make it again
Read More Reviews