Golden "blonde" brownies with pure brown sugar, butter and vanilla create a caramelesque, butterscotchy flavor. A super treat to tuck into lunch bags or serve as dessert!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Spread into prepared pan.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Review This Recipe
I made these and they were not as dense and chewy as I would have liked. I will try again and bake them in a smaller pan and maybe shorten the baking time.
Read More Reviews