Bo Kho is a delicious Vietnamese-Style Beef Stew uniquely flavored with lemon grass, Chinese five spice, coconut juice and tomatoes. Beef gets its extra flavor from a tasty and easy marinade. Garnish with cilantro for a final flair.
- 2 lb. beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks fresh lemon grass, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) coconut juice
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 4 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
PLACE beef, garlic, lemon grass, 1 tablespoon seasoning sauce, 1 tablespoon oil and bouillon in medium bowl. Mix well; cover. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
HEAT remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add beef and marinade; sprinkle with Chinese five spice. Cook, stirring frequently, until beef is no longer pink. Add coconut juice, tomato paste and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until beef is tender. Add remaining 1 tablespoon seasoning sauce. Serve with chopped cilantro.
Review This Recipe
Please note the cocconut juice in this recipe is not cocconut cream.
The recipe looks very good, I think cocconut juice can be substitute with water and 1-2 teaspoon of water. Thanks
Read More Reviews