This Bolognese Sauce with Pasta is full of great flavor and perfect with your choice of pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Beef Flavor Bouillon
- Hot, cooked pasta
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Romano Cheese
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add beef; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
STIR in tomatoes and juice, water, wine, marjoram and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
SERVE over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
Review This Recipe
Tasty & Healthy!
Thick, savory... satisfying. My family was happy to have a "new" bolognese sauce, after making it with ground turkey and red peppers for a long time. This recipe is a winner! We'll have it again and again. The veggies give it that extra healthy boost! I doubled this recipe and glad I did because it was so good we needed plenty!
Read More Reviews