Bolognese Sauce with Pasta
This Bolognese Sauce with Pasta is full of great flavor and perfect with your choice of pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Beef Flavor Bouillon
- Hot, cooked pasta
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Romano Cheese
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in tomatoes and juice, water, wine, marjoram and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
SERVE over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This was a good sauce, and an excellent way to get my child to eat carrots, which blend in seamlessly! This sauce freezes well too.
Tasty & Healthy!
Thick, savory... satisfying. My family was happy to have a "new" bolognese sauce, after making it with ground turkey and red peppers for a long time. This recipe is a winner! We'll have it again and again. The veggies give it that extra healthy boost! I doubled this recipe and glad I did because it was so good we needed plenty!
This is an excellant sauce..My picky crew asked for more...That says a lot to me!
Serving Size: 1/3 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.