Broccoli Cheese Soup
Cheddar cheese and broccoli team up in this easy soup with great-tasting results.
- 3 cans (14 1/2 fluid ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut broccoli
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE dry milk, water and flour in medium bowl; mix well. Stir into soup; season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired. Heat through. Add 1 cup cheese. Stir over low heat until melted. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Too much sodium
When are companies going to wake up and cut the salt? It's killing people! Use NO sodium boullon. Yummy soup otherwise.
Delicious, Rich Soup
This was a fantastic soup! I'm not that into cheese and broccoli soups, but my family is so I gave this a shot, and they all loved it! To the person who said there was only 1/2 cup of wet ingredients....I think you forgot about the 3 cans of broth!
We loved it!
I made this for my family over the weekend - on a chilly, rainy day. It was so good & tasty and everyone loved it, even my picky 9 year old daughter! yummy!
Only one problem
The soup taste great and the time to prepare it is wonderful. My only "dislike" is mixing 2 cups of dry goods, the milk and flour, with only 1/2 cup of liquid. Almost impossible to moisten all the dry goods. Then when you drop the mound into the pot it clumps. Any suggestions? Is their an error in the amounts?
This recipe is very delicious my family at it on the day after christmas. We needed something easy on our stomach's because of all of the rich food for the holidays. Everyone liked it and it was just right for calming everything down on a cold afternoon.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 7g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (20% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (7% of DV)
- Sodium: 750mg (31% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 23g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 5g (19% of DV)
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 19g
- Vitamin A: 40% of DV
- Vitamin C: 150% of DV
- Calcium: 45% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.