Cheddar cheese and broccoli team up in this easy soup with great-tasting results.
- 3 cans (14 1/2 fluid ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut broccoli
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
HEAT broth in large saucepan to boiling. Add broccoli, onion and garlic. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Transfer half of vegetable-broth mixture to blender or food processor (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until desired consistency. Return to saucepan.
COMBINE dry milk, water and flour in medium bowl; mix well. Stir into soup; season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired. Heat through. Add 1 cup cheese. Stir over low heat until melted. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
Review This Recipe
Broccoli cheese soup
Very good soup. I am a broccoli lover and am always looking for different broccoli recipes. I did add a little more cheese to this recipe as I liked a more cheese flavor in the soup. Would recommend this soup to anyone.
Read More Reviews