This homemade broccoli pesto is super quick. The whole meal is ready in only 20 minutes. Serve over linguine or your choice of pasta. Delicious.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup (about 1 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Linguine (9 oz.)
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
COMBINE water and bouillon in small bowl; stir to dissolve. Place bouillon mixture, broccoli, 1/2 cup basil, cheese, oil and garlic in food processor or blender; cover. Process until smooth to form pesto.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Toss pesto with pasta. Season with coarsely ground black pepper, if desired. Garnish with basil leaves.
Review This Recipe
I tried this recipe out and it was a hit! I was happily surprised to find that this was actually pretty easy to make! Not complicated at all (even for the "Culinary-challenged" like myself)!!
As suggested on the recipe, I did season with pepper. After tasting it without pepper, I just decided that--for ME--it needed that little extra something. Though it's pretty good without it, too! :-)
Oh! I also sprinkled an extra teaspoon and a half of Parmesan cheese to the served portions! It was GREAT!