Browned Butter Frosted Pumpkin Bars have unexpectedly wonderful flavors from the browned butter used in the frosting. Ready in less than 1 hour.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup butter (we recommend LAND O LAKES® Butter), melted
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (we recommend LAND O LAKES® Butter), melted
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk or 1/3 cup milk
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking soda and ginger in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin, 3/4 cup butter and eggs; mix well. Stir in cranberries. Spread batter into ungreased 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
MELT 1/2 cup butter in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes or until butter just starts to brown. WATCH CLOSELY. Immediately remove from heat. Pour into medium bowl; cool 5 minutes.
ADD powdered sugar and vanilla extract to butter mixture; mix well. Stir in enough milk for desired frosting consistency. Spread frosting over cooled bars. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
Definately worth the work!!!
Excellent recipie! They don't look like gold, but once you have one piece, you can't stop! Very moist and yummy! I used chopped fresh cranberries and they made it a little moister too!
Read More Reviews