Browned Butter Frosted Pumpkin Bars have unexpectedly wonderful flavors from the browned butter used in the frosting. Ready in less than 1 hour.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup butter (we recommend LAND O LAKES® Butter), melted
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (we recommend LAND O LAKES® Butter), melted
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk or 1/3 cup milk
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking soda and ginger in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin, 3/4 cup butter and eggs; mix well. Stir in cranberries. Spread batter into ungreased 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
MELT 1/2 cup butter in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes or until butter just starts to brown. WATCH CLOSELY. Immediately remove from heat. Pour into medium bowl; cool 5 minutes.
ADD powdered sugar and vanilla extract to butter mixture; mix well. Stir in enough milk for desired frosting consistency. Spread frosting over cooled bars. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
A great Change!
I was looking for something seasonal , yet different. These bars took minimal effort to make, were moist and got rave reviews.
Read More Reviews