Brunch Chorizo Casserole
Put this hearty egg, cheese, jalapeño and chorizo casserole into the oven early on a weekend morning and it will be ready by the time the whole family is up. An easy holiday brunch recipe! For extra variation try different cheeses, or add some ham, bacon bits, green onions or a drizzle of Media Crema.
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) chorizo, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 large jalapeño, chopped
- NESTLÉ Media Crema for drizzling
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE evaporated milk, eggs, dry mustard and onion powder in medium bowl. Pour evenly over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with chorizo and jalapeño. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
PREHEAT oven to 325° F.
BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Cover with foil if top browns too quickly. Season with ground black pepper and drizzle with Media Crema.
Substitute with soy chorizo for a vegetarian option.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 540
- Calories from Fat: 330
- Total Fat: 37g (57% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 18g (92% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 355mg (118% of DV)
- Sodium: 930mg (39% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 20g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g (2% of DV)
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 30g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 45% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.