Put this hearty egg, cheese and sausage casserole into the oven early on a weekend morning and it will be ready by the time the whole family is up. An easy holiday brunch recipe! For extra variation try different cheeses, or add some ham or bacon bits.
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) bulk pork sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
GREASE 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
COMBINE evaporated milk, eggs, dry mustard and onion powder in medium bowl. Pour evenly over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with sausage. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
PREHEAT oven to 325° F.
BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Cover with foil if top browns too quickly. Season with ground black pepper.
Review This Recipe
I first made this for Christmas morning in 2006 and it was requested for Christmas 2007. I guess this is a new tradition for Christmas in my family now. It is very good and I just put in oven Christmas morning while we open the presents.
Read More Reviews