Brussels Sprout Slaw
This fan friendly use of brussels sprouts won first place in the Nestlé Kitchens Side Dish Recipe Contest. Elyse Benner reduces apple Juicy Juice to create this refreshing side salad.
Learn more about this recipe and other recipe contest winners at the Nestlé Kitchens blog.
- 4 cups Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
WASH Brussels sprouts. Cut the stems off of the Brussels sprouts and remove any discolored leaves. Cut each Brussels sprout in half and slice each half 4 times. Cut onion in half, then thinly slice.
STIR apple cider vinegar and salt into reduced Juicy Juice. Slowly whisk in olive oil until completely combined. Stir in onion, nuts and caraway seeds. Gradually add the Brussels sprouts, tossing to coat.
TRANSFER mixture to serving bowl; cover tightly. Refrigerate overnight. Stir just before serving.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Easy and Fresh use of those Brussels Sprouts!
My family loves Brussels Sprouts and I've always tried a little twist to the stand-by preparation. This is GREAT! Really best to fix a day ahead.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 150
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8g (12% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (4% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 410mg (17% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 17g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (13% of DV)
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 140% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.