Decadent and rich, this moist chocolate Buckeye Cake, layered with a creamy peanut butter filling and chocolate ganache topping is sure to delight friends and family. Elegant in appearance but easy to make, Krista Linegar of Willits, CA created this Grand Prize Winning cake because it reminded her of her Grandma’s Buckeye candies.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 packets (1 oz. each) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch-round cake pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; grease.
COMBINE eggs and sugar in large bowl. Stir in flour, melted butter, Choco Bake, vanilla extract and salt until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of cake; cool for an additional 10 minutes. Invert cake onto serving platter. Remove pan and parchment; cool completely.
FOR PEANUT BUTTER LAYER:
BEAT peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until combined. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Spread mixture on cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
HEAT cream in small saucepan to boiling; remove from heat. Add semi-sweet morsels; let stand 5 minutes. Stir; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture is spreadable. Spread chocolate on top and sides of cake.
MELT peanut butter & milk chocolate morsels in resealable plastic bag on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds. Knead bag to mix. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals until melted. Cut a small hole from corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over cake. Store in refrigerator. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Review This Recipe
Made for a family get together and everyone loved it.
Read More Reviews