Panna Cottas are custard made without eggs. This version has chopped Butterfinger pieces mixed in that gives it a delicious flavor addition. The nests added to the tops are perfect for Easter and Spring festivities.
- PANNA COTTA
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope (7 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup crushed NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER BITES Candy
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 4 drops green liquid food coloring
- 2 drops yellow liquid food coloring
- NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER NestEggs
FOR PANNA COTTA:
GREASE four 6-ounce or six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups.
PLACE water in a small bowl; add gelatin and let stand to soften.
PLACE evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat. Add gelatin mixture; stir gently to dissolve gelatin.
POUR into prepared ramekins; sprinkle with crushed Butterfinger.
REFRIGERATE for 2 hours or until panna cottas are firm.
PLACE coconut in a resealable bag. Add green and yellow food coloring; seal bag and shake to thoroughly mix. If necessary, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of water to help color mix.
TOP panna cottas with coconut “grass”; top with 1 to 2 unwrapped Nestlé NestEggs.