Butterscotch morsels add their sweet creaminess to this classic gingerbread cookie. The ultimate treat, warm from the oven with a glass of cold milk.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup mild molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl.
BEAT sugar, butter, molasses and egg in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
My family loves these cookies without the butterscotch chips. I roll the balls in sugar before cooking to make them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside
Read More Reviews