A smooth, butterscotch-flavored custard dotted with toasted pecans is frozen in a graham cracker crust for a delightful ice cream dessert pie.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
COMBINE graham cracker crumbs, pecans and butter in a small bowl. Press firmly on bottom and 1-inch up side of a 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
COMBINE 1/2 cup cream, eggs and nutmeg in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add morsels. Let stand for 3 minutes; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
WHIP remaining cream in a chilled small mixing bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into butterscotch mixture. Pour half of mixture into crust; sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans. Spoon remaining filling over nut layer. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
Review This Recipe
Butterscotch ice cream pie
Easy and delicious!
Read More Reviews