Delicate and crispy Butterscotch Thins are a sweet treat for any occasion.
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup finely chopped nuts
COMBINE flour and baking soda in medium bowl.
MICROWAVE morsels and butter in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture; stir in nuts. Cover; refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm. Shape into two 14 x 1 1/2-inch logs; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
UNWRAP logs; slice into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
These are so easy and good. My husband office group can't wait for me to try new recipes.
Read More Reviews