Café de Olla Flan
A hint of café de olla adds flavor to this classic flan recipe. Its simple creamy flavor will make this a new family favorite!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup NESCAFÉ Café de Olla Instant Coffee Beverage Granules
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved and caramel-colored. Pour onto bottom of 9-inch-round cake pan; quickly swirl around bottom to coat.
PLACE evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, coffee granules, eggs and vanilla extract in blender; cover. Blend for 5 seconds. Pour into prepared pan; cover lightly with foil. Place pan in large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with warm water to about 1-inch depth.
BAKE for 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove flan from water. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
TO SERVE, run small spatula around edge of pan. Invert serving plate over pan. Turn over; shake gently to release.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 410
- Calories from Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (34% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 190mg (63% of DV)
- Sodium: 170mg (7% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 62g (21% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 61g
- Protein: 13g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.