These Cappuccino Caramels have a delicious coffee flavor and are a great choice for your dessert buffet or special treats.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
LINE 8-inch-square baking pan with heavy-duty foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Grease foil with 1 tablespoon butter.
MELT 1 cup butter in heavy-duty saucepan over low heat. Stir in sugar, sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, coffee granules and orange peel. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or to the soft-ball stage (234° F. - 240° F.) when tested in cold water. Remove from heat; stir in nuts and vanilla extract.
POUR into prepared pan; cool until firm. Lift from pan; cut into 1-inch squares.