Caramel Apple Bars are easy and tasty and make a perfect treat for all occasions. Sprinkle with powdered sugar for an extra flair.
- 2 packages (18 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough, softened
- 3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 package (12 oz.) STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, defrosted according to package directions
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar (optional), sifted
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE cookie dough, oats and nuts in large bowl; mix well. Press half of dough mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
COMBINE apples, caramel topping and flour in medium bowl; pour over crust. Flatten remaining dough mixture, about 1/3 cup at a time, and lay over apple mixture.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until top crust is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Review This Recipe
These were very good and easy to make. Everyone liked them. Cut them in small bars and you get enough for 2-3 cookie trays.
I made these bars for a tail-gate party and they came out sooo good. They were very easy to make and everyone loved them. A perfect treat for the Halloween season too!