Chewy oats surround layers of chocolate, caramel and nuts in these hearty bars. Perfect for all occasions.
- 1 3/4 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, (optional)
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE oats, 1½ cups flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Stir in butter; mix well. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with morsels and nuts. Mix caramel topping with remaining flour in small bowl; drizzle over nuts to within ¼ inch of pan edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
BAKE for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack; refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
I made these bars and brought them to work. As soon as I put them down on the table my co-workers were digging in and saying how delicious they were. What a hit and very easy to make. I have another recipe just like this, but these are a little easier to make.
Read More Reviews