Cauliflower & Spinach Flan
Using fresh and readily available vegetables, this Cauliflower & Spinach Flan will become a favorite side dish. Goes great with chicken, beef or pork.
- 6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 head cauliflower, florets removed
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE water and bouillon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower florets; cook for about 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Transfer cauliflower to large bowl to cool. Place spinach in same pan with ½ cup reserved liquid and cook until just wilted. Drain and cool. Squeeze spinach dry; finely chop.
MELT ¼ cup butter in same pan over medium heat. Add flour; whisk for about 2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk and remaining reserved ½ cup cooking liquid. Whisk constantly over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until sauce thickens and boils. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach. Using fingers, coarsely crumble cauliflower into spinach mixture. Stir gently to blend. Spread vegetable mixture into prepared dish.
BAKE for about 40 minutes or until heated through. Serve hot.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 320
- Calories from Fat: 160
- Total Fat: 18g (27% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 12g (59% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 60mg (20% of DV)
- Sodium: 460mg (19% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 31g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 7g (30% of DV)
- Sugars: 14g
- Protein: 12g
- Vitamin A: 40% of DV
- Vitamin C: 170% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.